Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What are YOU Reading?

But first, a word from the blog post sponsor (me). I want to tell you what I'm currently reading.

Here is what I"ve just FINISHED:
I recently read THE ASSOCIATE by John Grisham, and, darn that Grisham, it's another gripping page-turner. Other Grisham books I've read (and enjoyed) just in the last year are The Street Lawyer, THE APPEAL, and PLAYING FOR PIZZA.

I'm also just finished the print edition of The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the Constitution by Kevin R. Gutzman. I've listened to the excellent audiobook version twice, but there are so many law cases and sidebars that it's nice to have the hard copy to jump back and forth on.

The third book I'm recently read(well, listened to actually, and for the second time) is The Truth About Muhammad By Robert Spencer. Like his book The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to Islam (and the Crusades) it is packed with facts, the conclusions to draw are your own. It's a good gym book to listen to while exercising, though I'm finding if I don't pay attention I have to do some rewinding often. (Not every audiobook is a gym book.)

What's next on my list?
1. Re-read (now in progress) The American President: A Complete History (Amazon) by Kathryn Moore (how quickly I've forgotten the details).
2. The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism by Dr. Robert P. Murphy, the print version. Another great audiobook that needs print backup due to sidebars and details.
3. Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal by Ayn Rand. (What else are we talking about these days?) (I'll probably be reading and re-reading A.R. the rest of my life. The logic and reason awakens me like fresh air or a cold splash of water.)
4. Whooo knoooows what else.

But anyway, what are YOU reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment